We expect a certain demeanor and adult behavior from all of our guild members. We expect you to treat others as you would wish to be treated. We do NOT expect political correctness. You want to be silly, be silly. You want to be sarcastic, be sarcastic. You want to be stupid, be stupid. BUT there are limits. While we expect you to know what they are, we the officers present to you the following guidelines, but remind you it is ultimately in the discretion of the officers to decide where the lines are drawn or for you to convince us otherwise. Below are basic guidelines we expect our members to follow. Violation of any can lead to disciplinary action up to and including immediate removal from the guild.
1. All members should remember that Scotch and Soda is about fun and friendship first, loot and experience second. We are a family, NOT a gang.
2. Engaging in any activity that is in violation of the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement (EULA) which would reflect on the status of or lead to the disbanding of Scotch and Soda as a recognized Guild is grounds for immediate removal.
3. No guild member shall harass another player: sexually, verbally, physically or through game play. This does not mean that banter is unacceptable, we are talking about harassment that is done with cruel intentions. Harassment will be treated extremely seriously and is grounds for immediate removal.
4. Guild chat is to be kept Rated PG. At any given time, there are children logged in to their parents’ accounts, and we want to maintain a family friendly environment for them. Members should try and keep any obscene and or offensive comments out of any form of chat. You should try to use Damn, Grr, Argh, Frig or another word.
5. Members will respect guild members. Personal attacks won't be tolerated in game or on the message boards. Swearing at or insulting a person are some examples of unacceptable behavior. If you feel you are being attacked or harassed, cease and desist all contact with the offender. Please screenshot your entire conversation with the offender, from beginning to end, and forward to a guild officer for resolution.
6. Members will respect non-guild members. Scotch and Soda wishes to be a well respected member of the Whisperwind community and, as a member, you are a representative of SnS. Always remember this whether you are in /whispers, /shouts or just speaking to another player be it member, newbie, or a combatant. Always behave courteously, calmly and respectfully, treating them as you would a fellow guildie. Should they be rude, obnoxious or otherwise offensive, simply ignore them if you can and remember their name so as not to have anything to do with them in the future. We don't stoop to someone else's level as it just demeans us, and gives them the attention that they want. The best revenge for a person like that is to deny them the attention.
7. Members will be helpful if they can. Scotch and Soda wishes to be respected for its competence, knowledge and honor. Be aware of your surroundings and be aware of others around you. Be willing to lend aid to those in need whether its throwing in a heal or some DPS, answering questions or offering directions. This can also include being helpful simply in /shout or /yell. It isn't required that you endow the college fund of their first born or hold their hand for the next hour, but remember the person you help today might be the person helping you tomorrow.
8. Members are NOT Bullies. If you wish to engage in /duels do so for fun NOT to beat people up. Try to engage in fair fights only to test your skill. By the same token we do NOT take over an area just because we have the power to do so nor do we use our power just to puff up our own ego's at someone else's expense. Bullying is grounds for immediate removal. PvP addendum: Engaging in PvP with the Alliance is encouraged, however we will not practice ganking or griefing far lower level players unless provoked, or they are attacking a horde town / outpost.
9. Looting: Please remember the Need Before Greed philosophy. Be aware of how much you loot in a particular grouping session and try to keep it fair so that everyone has a chance at an item or two. It is encouraged to pass on an item which would be a minor upgrade for you to someone else for whom it would be a big upgrade. Again we progress as a whole, not as an individual.Looting specific to raiding will be addressed in the raiding information.
10. No guild member shall engage in Loot/Spawn Stealing. If you see a fellow horde advancing toward a chest, raw material, or rare spawn, you are not to steal the chest or the material while they are in combat nor grab the elite for which they have cleared. Against an Alliance member, we leave this to your discretion.
11. Members are expected to try and set a fair market price if selling in guild. We recognize that there are times you need cash and times you just need to get rid of an item. Any guild member that knowingly or willingly is involved as part of a scam to defraud, dupe or otherwise deceive another player, regardless of reason, shall be immediately removed from the guild.
12. All guild members are expected to help out other guild members in need. This does not mean abandoning a group in the bottom of a dungeon to run halfway across another continent. It does mean if you are soloing and nearby and able to you should offer to help if you can. It does mean that if you can leave your group, pop over to another character and safely help and then get back to your group in minimal time you should consider offering to help. This is after all one of the reason we are in a guild. By the same token members should not ask for help unless they really need it.
13. We strive to be a democratically operated guild, and place a great importance on communication with the guild as a whole. We fully support an open door policy with all of our officers, and strongly encourage each member of the guild to come to whomever they feel most comfortable with any feedback or concerns. Please be aware that any rage quits from the guild will sever all ties with the guild, and the rager will not be invited back. Communication, democracy and support are what we are seeking. Not hotheads.
The Officers will handle each case of conduct violations as it warrants, but like in real life, 3 strikes and you're out.
Should you have any questions concerning these guidelines please feel free to ask in /Guild or on the boards.